Leaking Taps Adelaide

leaking taps Adelaide

Leaking Taps Adelaide

Resolve Leaking Taps in Adelaide!
Save Water, Save Money

Leaking taps in Adelaide are not only annoying but they are a huge water waster. You may think that that slow drip, drip, drip may not make much of an impact on your water bills but a slow leaking tap can waste up to 1litre of water per hour, which is enough to fill a bathtub by the end of the week and approximately wastes up to 20,000 litres of water per year! If it is a hot leaking tap then convert that wasted water onto your energy bills as well as your water bills.

In Adelaide water is valuable and needs to be used wisely. Approximately 1% of the world’s water supply is actually suitable for human use with the other 99% being too salty or situated within glaciers, so it is extremely important that we are conscious of effective water use and not to waste water unnecessarily.

Leaking taps and shower heads are a common occurrence and should be repaired or replaced as soon as possible to help save water and to stop your water and energy bills from rising.

Leaking taps Adelaide
repairs & replacement in
7 days a week

Call us today for a FREE, no-obligation quote!

​What causes a leaking tap?

Correctly identifying the cause of a leaking tap is important so you can stop the problem from re-occurring. In most cases a worn out washer is the cause of a dripping tap. The washer is forced against the valve seat each time the tap is in use and this pressure results in wear and tear. If the washer was originally installed incorrectly this will also cause leaks to occur.

If your dripping tap is keeping you up at night call South Aussie Plumbing & Hot Water for a reliable and affordable leaking tap repair or replacement service in Adelaide. We will provide you with a full tap service, which includes installing a new quality washer or cartridge, replacing and lubricating the O-rings, re-seating the tap and re-greasing the spindle threads. This will ensure that you get the maximum efficiency from your taps and should eliminate the problem from re-occurring any time soon.

Call us today on 0493 683 303 – covering all areas of Adelaide, 7 days a week.

The O-ring

This is a small moving disc that is attached to the stem screw and is used to hold the handle of the faucet in place. Over time the O-ring can become loose causing dripping near the faucet handle.


Due to continuous use the inlet and outlet seals can wear out over time and accumulate a sediment build-up causing the taps to leak.


Mixer taps are fitted with a cartridge rather than a washer. If your mixer tap is leaking the cartridge most likely needs to be replaced.

Valve seat

The valve seat connects the faucet and the spout as a compression mechanism. Accumulation of sediment can cause the valve seat to corrode which will cause leaking around the spout.

Loose parts or broken pipes

If there are loose parts inside your tapware then the taps may not work effectively. A broken pipe may be another cause for a dripping tap, but the dripping will most often occur in the area below the sink if this is the case.

Tapware age

Like any fixture within your home, tapware will deteriorate with age. If your tapware is old a replacement may be recommended over a repair, as the repair will only fix the dripping temporarily.

High water pressure

If your tap only seems to drip at certain times during the day your water pressure may be too high. A water flow restrictor can help to reduce your water pressure slightly to stop that dripping tap.